This live meeting is designed to provide insights from the top experts in the medical liability profession. The meeting will cover emerging issues, new ideas for current challenges, and best practices for leadership.
The MPL Association is an accredited provider of the following CE programs. Please review this information to be aware of all terms and conditions. Please see below the specific continuing education hours available for participation in this CE activity.
Please note: the MPL Association does not submit certificates or credit towards license renewal. It is the responsibility of each participant. Credit certification for individual sessions may vary dependent upon the terms of compliance and conflict of interest issues and resolution. Continuing Education credits issued for participation in the CE activity may not apply toward license renewal in all states.
Based on the content of this meeting, insurance industry, physician, and other healthcare provider learners will be better prepared to:
- Recognize key issues and challenges for the MPL industry, including changes in healthcare that are impacting MPL insurers and their policyholders to gain perspective on what the future might hold for the MPL market.
- Analyze key environmental and organizational challenges affecting future MPL insurance operations.
- Develop strategies for implementing changes that ensure continued operational success.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the principal issues, challenges, and future trends in the MPL industry including the impact of healthcare changes on MPL insurers and policyholders.
- Understand the potential implications emerging concerns in healthcare, including medical liability, artificial intelligence, reimbursement models, and workforce changes.
- Leverage effective strategies and options for mitigating the risk of frivolous bad faith litigation, as well as response tactics if faced with such claims.
- Explore asset management issues such as balance sheet considerations, asset allocation, the impact of interest rates on financial markets, equity market expectations, and current investment trends.
- Effectively navigate the evolving and competitive workforce market, including attracting top talent and create a retention-fostering environment, considering the impact of virtual work options, workforce decline, and the increasing importance of quality of life alongside pay and benefits.
Continuing Medical Education
The MPL Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The MPL Association designates this live activity for a maximum of 9.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Education for Dentists
The MPL Association is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
MPL Association designates this activity for 9.0 continuing education credits.
It is the responsibility of each participant to verify CE requirements of their licensing or regulatory agency and to contact them with any question regarding licensing. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to ADA CERP at www.ada.org/cerp.
Continuing Professional Education
The MPL Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. State boards of accountancy have final authority on acceptance of individual course CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The MPL Association designates this group live activity for up to 10.80 CPE credits. For CPE credits through NASBA, the CEO/COO Meeting is at an advanced level with a prerequisite of position at the senior executive (advanced) level. The recommended field of study is business management and organization.
Continuing Legal Education
This course has been approved by the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission of Alabama for a maximum of 9.0 hours’ credit. States supporting CLE reciprocity include AK, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, HI, KS, ME, MT, NJ, NY, ND, WV, and WI. Applicants are responsible for verifying individual state CLE reciprocity regulations and requirements.